This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who We Are
Curtis Storage (Lancing) Limited is your licensor. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under the registration number 'ZA420065' and we are the controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our data protection Officer is Nicholas Foreman 01273 222 933
What Information we collect
We collect information about you:
- From your application to occupy storage accommodation.
We collect the following information about you:
- Licensee and business names, email address, telephone number and postal address;
- proof of identity and private address;
- bank account details of the licensee including account number and sort code;
- debit/credit card details of the licensee including account number, card start and expiry dates, CVC/security code number and issue number.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of the licence granted to you to occupy accommodation in our premises;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to comply with the terms of your licence;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective licensee including whether there are any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- to carry out due diligence on you as a prospective licensee including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
- if you so request, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective licensee, or to determine if you have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- if you are unable to make payments under your licence, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a licensee; and
- in the creation, renewal or termination of the licence, your information will be disclosed to any relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers Outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. Electronic information is password protected and any hard copies kept at a secure location.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax and legal liability purposes, but we also keep this information to make it easier for customers to make new, follow-on, or repeat service orders.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com .
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
EnglandInformation Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
WalesInformation Commissioner's Office
2nd Floor, Churchill House
Churchill Way, Cardiff
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
ScotlandInformation Commissioner's Office
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Northern IrelandInformation Commissioner's Office
3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place, Belfast
Telephone: 028 9027 8757